Secretary - Job Responsibilities
Fall - Email presidents to update the club contact list. Forward this link for them to use to update. The list of presidents emails will be in the Executive section of the CLGA website. Click here for list. Updated forms will be forwarded to you from the website administrator as they come in. Update your list and forward completed list to website administrator when complete and it will get posted on the executive page.
March - work with the Treasurer to send out Assessment Letters. Refer to the Club List in the Executive section of the CLGA website for club contacts.
April - work with the President in preparing Agendas for the Spring Executive Meeting and Spring AGM and send to the President for updating. President will email out the final agendas.
- prepare Spring AGM packages. Refer to "SPRING AGM FOLDER CONTENTS" in the binder for contents to be included. Web Coordinator (Monika) will provide tournament posters for inclusion to the packages at the Spring Executive Meeting.
- attend Spring Executive meeting, take minutes and then send to the President for review. Include in the minutes any Spring reports that members have submitted to the website (found under the Executive Section tab). Once approved, send to the Web Coordinator (Monika) for inclusion on the CLGA Website.
- attend Spring AGM, hand out packages and voting cards as people register and take Minutes. As soon as possible after the meeting, prepare the minutes (including any Spring reports found under the Minutes and Reports tab) and send to the President for review. Once approved, send to the Web Coordinator for inclusion on the CLGA Website.
Summer months - attend and take minutes for mid-season Executive meetings if any called. Include any reports provided by members (mostly tournament reports - found under the Executive Section tab). Send minutes to the President for review and approval and then send to the Web Coordinator.
September - attend Fall Executive Meeting, take minutes. Include Fall reports as provided on the website (under Minutes and Reports tab). Send minutes to the President for review and approval then forward to Monika for inclusion to the website.
- Prepare Package for the Fall AGM (CLGA sign in list and Agenda, if aiding the President in its preparation). The Fall package used to contain a hard copy of the Agenda, Spring General Meeting Minutes, the following year's CLGA Executive list and Current year Financial Report and Statements. It is expected that members read/print the reports/minutes from the website rather than us print them all. Remind the President to send an email to all Club Presidents with the Agenda and remind them to read/print any reports/minutes themselves.
- At the AGM, have the clubs sign in on the CLGA sign in list and provide them with the Agenda, if needed, and 2 voting cards. Take minutes and send to the President for review and approval then send to Monika to include on the website.
- add all minutes/documents from the year to the USB key.
- arrange to meet with the incoming Secretary to pass on the materials.